BlackSistah



Cool Widgets

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Reasons to Celebrate!

So, today is February 4th, 2012: Black History Month. First off, let me say, We should be celebrating our Heritage daily! Don't celebrate 1 month, and leave the other 11 standing by the way side.
So, today, I wanted to share 10 reasons you should be celebrating Black History Month:

Reasons to Celebrate Black History Month
  • 10. This month is Nationally recognized amongst the States!
  • 9.It's a great way to show homage to our Ancestors
  • 8.It's a great way to show love for your favorite inventions!
  • 7. Blacks fought, bled, and died to get recognition, privilege.
  • 6.Black contributions to the States were tremendous!
  • 5.Africa is the Motherland, and place of Origin for all races.
  • 4.Blacks fought for this Country.
  • 3.Black contributions to mankind were tremendous!
  • 2. Black laborers helped shape this land
  • 1.Black History is Yours, mine, and (HIS)TORY!






2 comments:

  1. Preaching to the choir! I teach social studies in the special edcuation department at my school. I have a copy of picture a Rosa Parks mug shot that an artist friend of my decorated. I never take it down. It reminds me of the past generations and what they did to so that I can enjoy the freedoms I have today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JenJen, I am raising my Black Power fist.LOL
    "Right on, sis! Right on!"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...