BlackSistah



Cool Widgets

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Spotlight: Sunshine of Sunshine'sNatural and Loving It!!!

BlackSistah: Is Sunshine your real name? What's the story behind it?



Sunshine
:Yes, SunShine is my real name. My real nick name that is. My great grandmother Mama Sarah named me that when I was a baby and it just stuck! I used it throughout life and even while in college too. I don't think anyone knew that my first name was Shauna lol. So, when I first started my Facebook page and put Shauna ppl were like who? So, I changed it to SunShine and now all my friends and family can find me lol lol .I thought about changing it to SunShine when I was 18 to be my legal name, but my mom liked the name she gave me and that would have made me feel bad. So, the nick name stayed and of course for work and government purposes Shauna is used there!




BlackSistah: How long have you been natural?

Sunshine:Well, I'm 33 years old and out of those years I was not natural for about 7 of them! This time around I am going on being natural for 3 years and that's without any heat or color!




BlackSistah: What made you go natural?

Sunshine
:What made me go back to being natural was when I changed my lifestyle after my mom passed away with breast cancer. I just wanted to be a more healthier me. I have been vegetarian for almost 6 years! So, it was only right!





BlackSistah: Why is Sunshine Natural &Loving It?

Sunshine
:I am loving the relationship I have with my hair lol and sharing how I have felt along this journey has helped me to meet some outstanding women, you included! I love my hair, I love the freedom of being me, and I love being natural!


BlackSistah: What product do you consider a staple of yours?

Sunshine:Shea Moisture is definitely a mainstay! I use many of their products which I will share during the next question. I also use Deep SOULutions by Natural Girls Rock and many essential oils. Those oils are; Coconut oil, Olive oil, Jojoba oil, Sunflower oil, Grapeseed oil, I also use Castor oil on occasion.





BlackSistah: Do you have a hair care regimen? Why or why not? And If so, would you be willing to share it?


Sunshine
:My regimen is sort of long, but mostly I wash my hair every 4 to 6 weeks or co~wash when needed. I use Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Butter Conditioner and Shampoo, the Deep Treatment Masque, Curl Enhancing Smoothie or Styling Milk for styling, and also treat my scalp with the Thickening Moisture Mist. I seal in these products with the essential oils I mentioned and with a Shea Butter Mix product called Twisty Locs from HPO Spa Treatments. Oh! I absolutely love my Huetiful Hair Steamer! I used is when I am conditioning my hair!





BlackSistah: What's the natural scene like in your state?


Sunshine:When I am out and about I see many naturals. When I am on SN& LI! I see STL naturals too. I am going to start doing meetups real soon, so that we can all meet and support each other.






BlackSistah: What tips would you offer to someone who may read this and is considering going natural?

Sunshine:Love Yourself, Embrace Your Curls, and spread some SunShine! That's my motto, because it will not always be easy or start off easy. It can if you OWN It! I say to rock your natural hair like you would with a whole head of weave! Be confident and make sure that you research! Use products that people are using that have similar hair characteristics. This will help you cut down on being a product junky. If you find something that works stick with it! BAM!



BlackSistah: 5 words that best describe you and your personality?

Sunshine:SunShiny, Confident, Empathetic, Supportive, and Educated





BlackSistah: Anything else you'd like to share with my readers? Anything we should know about the Sunshine in our lives?

Sunshine:lol...well let's see. Oh! I have my very own natural tee line located at http://naturalandlovingit.spreadshirt.com My favorite color is green, I hate onions, and love reality TV! Are y'all watching America's Next Top Model? lol I am! I am also becoming a Doctor of Education. Stay tuned! On a more serious note, I am humbled by the overwhelming response I have gotten on the http://sunshinesnaturalandlovingit.com/ where you can also find me on YouTube and Facebook. I am so happy to have so many beautiful people to share this journey with. Thank you so much Chastity for giving me this opportunity. Love you always!
xoxo


Thanks again to Sunshine for bringing her natural rays of Sunshine to us.



Catch her on Facebook @ sunshinesnaturalandlovingit!!
Website:http://www.sunshinesnaturalandlovingit.com
Her t-shirts: http://www.naturalandlovingit.spreadshirt.com

Note:All photos courtesy of Sunshine@Sunshine'snaturalandlovingit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...