BlackSistah



Cool Widgets

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Quotation

This message is powerful, and can teach. Just think about it:
This is an awesome quote I found via the internet months back.It comes from Mr. Marcus Garvey, a Black philanthropist, and Civil Rights Leader. I felt like sharing this because it speaks to me.I cannot say I know much about Mr. Garvey but, this I do know: I LOVE THIS QUOTE! Says to me: that I am beautiful, no matter my hair type. I don't have to try and pretend to be something I'm not .Fore I am NOT society's distorted image of beauty. I am free to be me. NATURAL, little ole me. See the kinks Mr. Garvey speaks of are not those on my natural crown. No. You don't have kinks in the brain, or mind. He is mildly referring to the negative, stereotypical images, and or thoughts you have on someone's kinky texture. Maybe you have self-image problems and find it hard to relate to a natural? Perhaps you hate something within you, and project this self hate onto others you come into contact. Either way,I absolutely love who and what being natural has made of me. I am stronger because of it. This quote says to me: We as a society, get stuck on first appearances, that don't even matter. I mean, we primp, press and curl to fit into someone else's mold. And all along, the kinks you try and rid are in your mind.So, "GET YOUR MIND RIGHT." Promote love within, and it will radiate from the inside outward. The message: Love yourself. And once you truly love self, it comes naturally to love others. Fore if we truly stopped to look within ourselves you would find that we can and all connect on some level. Everyone in life should be admitted a chance, and a fair one. God made man in his image, and God is almighty. My granny always said ," God don't make junk." Every soul running around here on Earth has a purpose.So try to never judge a book by its cover. Relate to everyone on some sort of level, and find peace within yourself.Love self. I will NOW til eternity rock my hair in it's natural state. Deal with it, and "Remove the kinks from your mind, not your hair." NOTE:One Black man, if any, likes my natural hair and thinks it's cool! Thank you Mr. Garvey! And no, I don't need Mr. Garvey or any other man to justify me. I knew I was beautiful years before I found this quote. What are your thoughts on the quote? What did you like? What didn't you like? Let a sistah know below...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...